Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ben's Trip to Chicago

Here's the hotel I'm staying at. It's called the Swissotel and it's right on the banks of the Chicago River where it meets Lake Michigan. Pretty cool place.
It was a busy evening on the Chicago River.
See I'm really here!
This is the view from my window. You can see a marina in the background with lots of sailboats and other yachts.
I'm staying on the 26th floor. To the left is Navy Pier and Lake Michigan.

Chicago is an interesting city to be sure. Check out the multilevel street below. Three city blocks are stacked on top of each other. Then the building on the left is a massive high rise. That's incredible.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

What are you doing in Chicago? I guess you weren't close enough to anything to have reunion flashbacks. Congrats on the baby by the way. I had no idea until I talked to your mom at John and Rachels wedding. I am really excited for you guys!

Ben and Andrea said...

I was in Chicago on business. I was attending some presentations on how to be an effective trainer for my work with the University of Utah. I had reunion flashbacks on the flight in, I was hoping to see some fire flies (aka "lightning bugs") but I didn't see any. :(